Point Lobos Landscape and Nature Photography Workshop
Carmel and Point Lobos Landscape and Nature Photography Workshops
4 Sessions in 2 Days
Saturday February 18th and Sunday February 19th, 2017
Sign up for 0ne or All Four
Learn essential techniques for getting the most out of your landscape and outdoor photography.
Windswept shores, rocks, crashing waves and mystical forests make Carmel, Point Lobos and the Big Sur Coast a memorable photography experience. Here is your chance to photograph one of California’s premeir landscape and nature locations. Spend the day photographing and exploring the rocky shoreline with professional photographer and outdoor guide, Paul Dileanis.
In these workshops we will spend our time expanding our photographic skills while following the light and looking for the best landscape compositions. Learn essential techniques for getting the most out of your landscape and outdoor photography.
View the natural world with fresh eyes and improve your photography.
- Learn professional techniques for digital exposure
- Choosing the correct lens to enhance composition
- Tips for planning landscape and wildlife photography excursions
Push the limits of your vision and challenge yourself to capture your personal reaction to the landscape.
- Use neutral density filters to blur water motion
- Use graduated neutral density filters to improve dynamic range
- Correct exposure for RAW images
Two separate sessions will be taught each day (see below for description). Photographers who register for more than one session will be invited to attend the bonus post processing session Saturday and/or Sunday evening at no extra charge. Post processing is an important aspect of defining your creative vision. During this special session we will explore techniques to enhance your images in Adobe Lightroom. If there is time we will try to critique a few of the images from earlier in the day.
Session 1 – Saturday February 18th, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Class Fee $85.00* – Carmel Mission**
Session 2 – Saturday February 18th, 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM: Class Fee $85.00* – Point Lobos**
Image Critique: Saturday February 18th, 7:00 to 8:30 PM at the Carmel River Inn
Session 3 – Sunday February 19th, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM: Class Fee $85.00* – Point Lobos**
Session 4 – Sunday February 19th, 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM: Class Fee $85.00* – Big Sur Coast**
Image Critique: Sunday February 19th, 7:00 to 8:30 PM at the Carmel River Inn
*Class Fee does not include meals, park entrance fees or lodging
**Itinerary subject to change depending on weather and light.
Workshops are kept small (maximum 8) to assure individual guidance.
Skill Level: Beginning to advanced photographers
– In order to get the most out of this experience an understanding of your basic camera operations is needed. Some light hiking may be involved.
– Be prepared to walk ½ mile with your camera gear on uneven and rocky trails.
* I recommend taking the Photo 101 Class prior to attending an outdoor workshop if you are not familiar with the basic operation of your camera.
For more information about this and other workshops visit www.sanjosecamera.com